Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cabbage art and broken leaves on clay


During one of my clay obsessions I chose to use any leaf, plant, twig as imprints since I love the natural effect. As a result I ended up imprinting parts of red cabbage which is not cooked and and removed layers and imprinted them onto clay. It was fun but one must keep on mind that all leaves and stems do not look beautiful. The top 2 stem parts were not my favorites but the golden leaf part of the cabbage was really good.

I messed up a beautiful leaf that I had picked up on the street. Felt miserable after having broken the clay piece because it was too thin. One must take utmost caution while sanding the clay especially near the thin areas. If anybody has some ideas about sanding thin areas please let me know.
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment